Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bits and Bobs

I seem to be spending a lot of time researching things online at the moment and as I'm sure you know, one Net search can lead to any number of rabbit holes to rush down...


One thing I have discovered is that the Moomin characters I love so much also featured in their own cartoon strips. Did you know that? Have you read them? So now I have a whole other set of Moominalia to collect (yes, I just invented that word)! The cartoon strips above were a part of a very sweet article from the pop culture site Buzzfeed called "50 Lessons that Moomins can teach you about life" (http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/50-lessons-that-moomins-can-teach-you-about-life)


I am often obsessed with one historical period or another, and when I was looking at these pictures of Edwardian hairstyles the other day, I was struck by how close most of them are (with a little modification) to long hair styles today. What do you think?


But I haven't been deskbound and square-eyed all week. I have also been doing some practical things and crossing a few craft want-to-do's off the list...

This is a little pouch I made from the wool I bought in Beechworth. I attached blue wren and possum charms to it.


And these are some metal bangles I wrapped in fabric and gold embroidery thread. I have to say, at the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I rather like them! Tomorrow I'll show you a Dr Who style scarf I've just finished which I might, might, might be able to convert into a sontag. I think...

PS Have you heard we are to get a new doctor on Dr Who? Will you miss Matt Smith? I think I will, but not as much as I did David Tennant...

4 comments:

T. said...

I heard of the new Doctor. We all knew it would eventually come to this, since it's the Doctor. But of course I'll miss him, just like all the others :(

Feronia said...

Yes...you always know that he's going to regenerate sometime!

trishie said...

The Edwardian hairstyle really do resemble the current in trend plaits tutorials that I keep seeing online!

Feronia said...

Yes - I thought that especially about the plaits!