Friday, March 15, 2013

Moominmamma's Pie

Image from http://www.annathered.com/2010/07/21/bento-77-the-moomins/

I made my first recipe from the Moomin Cookbook last night and it was really good. So here it is, my version of Moominmamma's Backpack Pie -
Boil a cup of rice. Boil two eggs to hard-boiled. Combine the rice with a can of salmon. Add some finely chopped dill and then the eggs, also chopped. Mix it all together in a pie dish. Place a puff pastry 'lid' over the top and bake in a 225 degree celsius oven for about 25 minutes.

You can adjust the ingredient amounts depending on how many you're feeding (this one served two). I served it with salad greens.

I'm sorry there is no photo of the actual dish as it turned out, but you know how rubbish I am at photographing food. Suffice it to say, the Yellow Wood household gave it two thumbs up!

This weekend I am going to try out the Fisherman's Lemon Cake (remember him from Moominpappa at Sea?)

Enjoy yourselves!

5 comments:

Mrs Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs Mac said...

Moomins! I love them! I will try this recipe this week!

Feronia said...

Did you end up trying it, Helena?

DILLY said...

Hewo!
Happy Eester!
¬"

Feronia said...

Hewo Dilly!
Happy Easter to you, gorgeous wagony one!
:)