Monday, May 14, 2012

Woolley Goodness

It was Mother's Day here yesterday and for once I achieved one of my constant aims on present-giving occasions - I made the gift! This is the simple scarf I knitted for my mother (as modelled by her!). She doesn't like long scarves so this is short neck-warmer-upper. I used a kilt pin and a silver spiral I made myself  (from 12-gauge wire, if you're interested) as a clasp. Well-timed, I think - our weather has taken a decidedly wintry turn. The skies are grey during the day and in the evenings, woodsmoke is heavy in the air!

Hope you had a nice mother's day if it was celebrated in your neck of the woods yesterday - whether you were a giver or a givee!

6 comments:

librarygirl said...

hey that is lovely and I love the two colours together too!

librarygirl said...

hey that is lovely and I love the two colours together too!

Feronia said...

Thanks librarygirl! Yes, I realised after I took the photo what an excellent choice of cardigan Mum had made there!!

Nichole said...

what a lovely, thoughtful gift! happy mother's day!

Feronia said...

Thanks Nichole :) I do think she liked it.

Stardust said...

It's a very beautiful scarf gal, lovely color and just nice for her. Nothing beats a handmade.

Your mom is blessed! :)

Sorry about not being able to come over as often as I hope to, things have been tight a bit. But I'm happy to see you blogging, it's good that you look fine. :)