Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blogtober Day 7-8 - Johnny Cash and Chocolate Cake



Oops! Only seven days into Blogtober and I missed a day. Work got a little bit crazy yesterday and then I remembered that I had volunteered to make the cake for my mother's birthday dinner last night...!! I went with this one - http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18086/super+easy+chocolate+cake - which was delicious and a big hit.

I loved the movie "Walk the Line" about the American singer Johnny Cash. I've been a fan of Joaquin Phoenix since I saw him in "Gladiator" and, having seen the film, I also became a big fan of Cash's music. It seems to me that his songs (and the covers he chose to sing) remarkably spanned the spectrum from tremendous toe-tapping optimism to real melancholic despair. Here's two great examples of both ends of that span.

2 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I loved that movie too and became a big fan of Johnny Cash as a result. I'll have to go and dig out the CD and pop it on now I think.

Feronia said...

@ Cathy -

Thanks for dropping by the Yellow Wood :) Yeah, it's great music! And thanks for Blogtober - I'm really enjoying it!

~ Feronia