Thursday, August 11, 2011

When Vintage goes bad...



My husband just emailed through some old adverts that someone sent him and while some are really quite funny, others are just kinda creepy...

--------------------------------------------

I have a real desire to knit at the moment. I have become a lot more interested in knitting this year and I am learning a lot about it - different tensions, different stitches, different sized needles. I have even finally taught myself how to cast on! But now I want to knit something substantial but it's got to be simple. My adventures in moss stitch and to a lesser extent purl have been holey disasters so far. What I'm thinking is a garter stitch cardigan for myself. What do you think? Garter stitch I have down pat and making something for myself will give me (ahem) plenty of motivation.

4 comments:

Pina said...

I will just say - don't give up! It is only practice that makes perfect. :)

(I will be glad to see some of your knitted things in pictures.)

Feronia said...

I think a lot of knitting over the weekend should produce something photo-worthy! Thanks Pina :)

Diana Kennedy said...

Unfortunately, I can't give any advice in knitting - the last time I did it was in school.

Eeew, yes, these vintage ads ARE creepy. *shudder*

Feronia said...

I know what you mean, Diana - I didn't knit for years following a bad experience with it at school and then I just kind of got interested.

I'll post some more of these vintage horrors next week!