Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stardust

Image from www.universe-beauty.com



So cold here at the moment! It was 3 degrees when I got up this morning and, in our un-central-heated house, I am currently wearing 4 layers, 2 pairs of socks and 1 pair of leg-warmers. Oh my.





------------------------------------------





In the time honoured tradition of the household, however, we are keeping warm by eating. I made a suprisingly good ricey thing last night with boiled rice (then pan fried in olive oil) with pan fried capsicum, mushroom, purple onion and tomato with a generous helping of dried oregano. What do you cook with rice?





------------------------------------------





Getting into the Wonders of the Universe tv series with Brian Cox. Last night he examined the idea that we are all stardust - that is, that everything is composed of particles from exploded stars. I have always been uninspired and quite depressed by such a notion but he explained it so well and, in fact, so beautifully, that I have completely changed my mind. What do you think?

2 comments:

Bodecea said...

Why did you think it is depressing to be formed out of stardust?
I think it's a beautiful thought - the universe which seems so large and cold and almost lifeless is the material from which life is made. Everything is woven with each other. We are not cut off the world of animals or even norganic material; we are part of a really large circle of being....

Feronia said...

Probably because for a long time I understood the universe to be cold and lifeless! Now, of course, I see it for the very beautifully complex and interwoven thing that it is :)