Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stuff I like

One thing I love about the Net is that, if I am ever fed up with my work, I can always take a quiet moment (or two!) to just skim through pictures of things I like. For no reason at all. Just to look at nice things and indulge a current enthusiasm for a little while. Such as Norwegian Forest Cats.

Or beautifully melancholy Victorian mourning jewellery...

Or beautifully melancholy Victorians...

Or the lovely Lizzie Siddal who modelled for (and painted with) the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood...first Rossetti...

Then Millais...

Or I can even bring all my fads together at once...


And what surf around the Net would be complete without an over-the-top 80s soundtrack?



What stuff do you like right now?

4 comments:

Merisi said...

Thank you for these images and especially for the video! I had never seen it, only heard about (oh, the wonders of YouTube!). I think I recognized some locations, the fountain at Michaelerplatz, Josefsplatz (?). I think I have photographed the caryathid, in front of the same palace on Josfsplatz shown in "The Third Man" - then again, I may be wrong.

I went to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vienna_(Ultravox_song) - I am smitten! Thank you so much!
Sunny greetings from Vienna,
Merisi

Feronia said...

Isn't it gorgeous, Merisi! I love the song and love the city itself too...the perfect combination!

Mrs Mac said...

Ooo I used to love Ultravox!!!

Today I saw a cat like that, on a bike. Seriously!!! As we went by on the bus, I saw that someone had left their bicycle leaningup against their front window. Well there was a huge, calico, fluffy cat sitting right in the saddle!!!!

Today I was just thinking that one of the things I really like is when you spot an animal's pawprint in concrete. In the museum at the castle here, there is a piece of Roman concrete with a badger's pawprint in it. That's what I like! Animals being cheeky, and evidence of animals being cheeky long ago.

And Earl Grey tea...

AND GETTING UNEXPECTED PARCELS FROM FRIENDS FAR AWAY-
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
I was just on my way out when the postman knocked, so I opened it straight away, and I put the scarf straight on because it matches with my jacket exactly!!

THANKS!!!!!

Feronia said...

So glad the scarf has arrived safely and that you like it, Helena :)

Yes, I love the signs of animals living along side us too. Sometimes I love to sit in the backyard and just watch the cat from next door going about her business or birds doing their thing. Love the badger's pawprint!

And Earl Grey...oh yes. I'm with you on that.

Weren't Ultravox so wonderfully 80s...ahhhh...Vienna!