Friday, September 10, 2010

Ports in a Storm

Bob T. Bear over at http://bobs-diary.blogspot.com/ let me know that September 9 is National Teddy Bears Day. Or was it International? Well, if it wasn't international, it should be. Because Teddy Bears are the unsung heroes of our everyday lives. Who else can we cry to, hug and share our secrets with and still receive unconditional love in return? Even at the ripe old age of thirty-...ahem, I still look to my bear, Woolley, for comfort. And I receive it, unfailingly.

Do you still have a teddy bear? Or do you have some other form of comfort for those darker moments?

4 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

Ahh Woolley is a fine Bear indeed. I'm afraid it was national, but it should be international- or Bob would say Universal :)

Woolley B Bear said...

Thank you very much, Helena. I certainly perform an indispensable role in this household. And I quite agree with Bob that it should be Universal :)

Diana Kennedy said...

I never exactly had a Teddy, but tons of other wooly animals. And i still have them. Right now, its my JFK doll who has the role you described.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

My childhood bears were given away by my mum when I was about 12. (Rather traumatic!) Hence, I now have about 75 and I love them all!
I can't have pets because i'm allergic to animals, but not to mohair, which is great, so I have bears to stroke instead. (They don't eat much and certainly don't need taking out for walks, although some of them like to ride in the car and go on holidays) :o)