Thursday, February 11, 2010

Corners of the house





Just a few random snaps from different corners of the house.


First, a figurine of Mr Samuel Whiskers - Beatrix Potter character and rat-at-large. I thought he was a mouse at first. I acquired him from the op-shop on Tuesday and couldn't resist his cheeky expression.


Second, the two goblins who guard our front door from atop the bookcase closest to it. They don't have names as yet - any suggestions?

Finally, proof positive for all my European friends that down here in the South, the world is topsy-turvy. This is a truly bizarre looking passionfruit we pulled off the vine last night. Bright red almost gruesome looking seeds (think pomegranate) and squishy orange skin. Only my DH was brave enough to eat some...

2 comments:

Pina said...

I love the stones in your header! :)

As I am not good at naming things I won't even try to name the goblins. ;)

Feronia said...

Thanks Pina - that photo came up well, even if I do say so myself!