Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Promise



I have always been a keen diary keeper. Not pages of personal purple prose mind you, but jottings of appointments and lists. I can look back at a diary from ten years ago and be as much reminded of what I was doing then by '10 a.m. - tutorial' as by any more lengthy description of my day. So, I always approach the purchasing of 'the diary' with great consideration each year. It's got to be just right - the right amount of space for notes, the right sort of cover, the right colour. Imagine my surprise then, when I came across this little cutie in the supermarket this morning. All of $2.99, with a nice, bright retro-style cover (there's even felt centres on the flowers) and...the cruncher for me...cherry blossoms on each page. Simple and cheerful, just like I hope 2010 will be for me. Aaah, the promise of the blank page, the promise of a new diary...the promise of a new year!

6 comments:

Bodecea said...

I write diary since I was a child, but not daily... sometimes there are weeks and month without notes. At the moment, I have more or less four diaries - my blog in some way, a "regular" one hidden somewhere for deep & important thoughts (quite empty *lol*), a Moleskine to write down thoughts and notes and ideas and a small one beside my bed to write down dreams.

Bodecea

Feronia said...

Yes, a blog is a diary of sorts, isn't it...and a dream diary - that's a nice idea. It would be good too for those ideas and thoughts I always seem to get at 2 a.m. and then can't remember the next morning!

Wurst Semmel said...

It is cute! Makes my diary seem quite ordinary. Actually, it is.

Happy New Year, Feronia.

Feronia said...

I have the luxury of going with a less serious diary this year, Wurst Semmel! Have a wonderful
2010.

Stardust said...

That's really pretty!

Feronia said...

Thanks Stardust - it's nice, isn't it?