Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I heart Japan




As you may have gathered, I love all things Japanese. So I was delighted to find From Japan With Love on one of my recent Net surfing expeditions (http://from-japan-with-love.blogspot.com/). I ordered two gorgeous rubber stamps from their Etsy site - one of some bamboo shoots and another of a Japanese maple leaf - and they arrived (very promptly!) today, all bundled up in a cheerful little parcel which, as with all things Japan, showed a lovely eye for detail. Check out the sweet inner envelope covered in little characters and even the airmail stamp has cherry blossoms. Thank you From Japan With Love! I can feel some serious cardmaking coming on...

In other news, my neck warmer is nearly done - yay! - and I was struck last night just how similar it is in colour to a Packham pear...

8 comments:

Stardust said...

You heart Japan? That's nice to hear. =)

The color of the neck warmer looks gorgeous. It should look good on anybody! ;)

Feronia said...

Yes, I love Japan, Stardust! I went there last year and really enjoyed it. Isn't the green nice - I am really looking forward to wearing it :)

Melissa Crowe said...

Oh, I'm obsessed with Japan, too--and Sweden. The rubber stamps remind me of the images on a majong computer game I like to play!

Feronia said...

Yes, I thought of Mahjong tiles too!

themagicalbean said...

I love Japan too! I want to go there one day. And I really love the stamps, they're very cute. :D

Feronia said...

I can't wait to get into some cardmaking with them! I have some Japanese paper with maple leaves printed on them to match :)

Bodecea said...

Hi Feronia,

I never was in Japan (beside all reasons of money and time, I am a bit afraid I would look like She-Godzilla between all the small and sligfht Japanese women.. ;-)

But I really enjoy Japanese modern literature like Murakami and Yoshimoto, and I read a bit about Japan culture etc.

Bodecea

Feronia said...

Yes, I *did* feel like a She-Godzilla, Bodecea! All of the women seemed to be so slight, delicate and beautifully groomed. I have been meaning to read Murakami for a while. Which book would you recommend I start with?