Thursday, August 6, 2009

Three good things





Laurie, over at Crazy Aunt Purl, suggested finding three good things about your day in order to lift it out of the ordinary. Good idea, I thought, in amongst a week of rewrites from the work I got off my desk just last Friday. And, lo and behold, I found my three things for today in one place: the op-shop! First of all, the gorgeous little fella at the top, second, an American Woman's Day from 1965 and third, several bundles of great 1950s fabric. Each for the staggering sum of $1!
The bear's expression leapt right out at me from the op-shop shelf - cheerful but not inanely so, and ears just a little endearingly large. I am a sucker at the moment for anything vintage, so the magazine had to go in the basket and the fabric will force me to learn to use my sewing machine properly if only to have a go at making the vintage style clothes which I have lately been coveting on Etsy...
So what are your three good things for today? And what do you think I should name my cheery little red bear? The answer that he (he's a he for sure) likes the best will receive a set of handmade greeting cards :)

4 comments:

Pina said...

:) Coffee with my colleagues, bright picture on a calendar, morning newspaper (I never buy it otherwise).

Feronia said...

Yes, pondering over the morning paper is a good thing :)

Wurst Semmel said...

Great idea.

My new puppy realising peeing outdoors is far preferable to peeing on the training mat, a visitor who came loaded with self-made Streuselkuchen, an hour sitting in the garden (before it got really windy).

Feronia said...

Why don't I have visitors like that, WS???